PP (aka Polypropylene) bottles are used with our SLAM traps, Malaise traps, and emergence traps as the bottom collection jar.
* Excellent chemical resistance to ethanol
* Good resistance to non-oxidizing acids and bases, fats, and most organic solvents
* Can be dissolved in nonpolar solvents such as xylene, tetralin, and decalin
* Melting point: 160°C
* Low-temperature threshold: becomes brittle below 0°C
* NOT compatible with strong oxidants
If the bottle is missing from the trap or broken, we recommend substituting Nalgene™ 2105-0016 wide-mouth bottles (Ø53 mm closure size) for this bottle instead of buying the replacements from us. Please contact the Nalgene™ suppliers near you for availability.